It is time for a new chapter about WP4 and it’s amazing features, plugins and extensions.
As this will be my first post about WP4 itself, please allow continuous updates. Fee free to leave a comment or send Mail with corrections and/or comments/updaten you think are usefull as well.
Unusual for me to start with the Software part, but it seems I have found some tools which needs to be mentioned upfront. The list is not the one and only, but a good starting point with multiple alternatives in the World Wide Web 😉
- Opera (http://www.opera.com/)
- Google Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome/)
- Mozilla Firefox (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/)
- Firefox add-on Firebug (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/)
Usefull plattform independemt:
- Brackets (http://brackets.io/)
- Gettext (https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/)
- Gimp (https://www.gimp.org/)
- Coda 2 (https://panic.com/coda)
- Mamp (http://mamp.info/) for Mac and or Win-GUI
- gzip & tar (build-in tools)
- XAMPP (https://www.apachefriends.org/)
- PIWIK (http://piwik.org/)
- your preferred editor like ‘vi’ / ’emacs’ etc…
- 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/)
- Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/)
- Mamp (http://mamp.info/)
- Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/)
More to come …
Default install show 11 tables. When you know the structure of each you understand where different parts of your data are stored. Second default is you have choosen the database prefix to be
Let’s look at the tables a bit more in alphabetical order:
- wp_commentmeta Show you the metadata of your comments
- wp_comments The comment itself alongside the author name, URL, e-mail, etc.
- wp_links No longer active by default – you need a plugin to reactivate it. Used to manage blogrolls (created in earlier than WP 4 versions).
- wp_options You will find here anything you have done via the Admin Interface of your WordPress installation. Also used by a variety of plugins to store settings.
- wp_postmeta Stores all your metadata of your posts (which template did you choose, Photos, Media, etc.). Also it is used by SEO plugins (SEO meta data such as title and meta description are stored here.)
- wp_posts Aehm – Yes … what did you thought? your Posts, Pages, etc.. 😉
- wp_terms Used to store all your Categories and Tags.
- wp_term_relationships This table manages your relationship between your posts, your categories and your tags from your wp_terms table which you assigned to your posts.
- wp_term_taxonomy Three types of taxonomies are used by WordPress by default: category, link, and tag. This table help your WordPress to differ which term is a tag and which one is a category.
- wp_user_meta It contains the metadata of all your users in your installation.
- wp_users Well, this table shows what it says … username, password, user email, etc..
Start on your local host
Themes - Widgets - Menus
My own Theme
Secure your WordPress
SEO - well, we will see
By using SEO functions properly for each post, you can definitely improve your search rankings.
Social linking RSS Feed